Sign in to follow this  
HemeraNyx

Police Vehicle speeds

Staff

Hey 

im making this post regarding the ofroad scouts being faster then the dodge charger cruisers of the police. just wondering why this is or if it was a mistake.

Staff

Hey,

I think you bring up a very valid point. The scout is in my opinion too fast given it's size and off-road capability. But I also think that the charger is too fast with an incredible acceleration. I don't even want to discuss the SASP charger since that one is even stronger. 

In general I feel that all vehicles on the server are too fast. Almost every police pursuit I have seen reached speeds of 150mph. Some of them go over 200mph. In real life pursuits rarely exceed 100mph and I just think that driving at 150 is borderline failure to value your life and in the case of the police failure to value other people's lives by not disengaging from the pursuits.

Even worse, I have recently observed a trend of increasing the speeds.I remember when we introduced the first batch of new vehicles in September last year. The cars were slower and were able to keep up with most pursuits. Now we sometimes struggle even with the super buffed cars. The example of the police Fenyr  (the hyperceptor) is also indicative of this trend. When it was introduced (summer 2019) it was probably the fastest car on the server, but now it cannot keep up with the newly added High Speed Pursuit Units (HSPUs) such as the Porsche and the Croquette, despite being buffed once already. This is, In my opinion, a very dangerous trend and I am afraid we will go back to the insane speeds of late 2018 when a police explorer (SUV) reached speeds of about 250mph. 

I see the server wipe as a great opportunity to fix the problem and bring all the cars more in line with their realistic parameters. Hopefully the development team will realize that there is a problem and try to make the server more in line with our standards of realism. Personally, I would recommend to reduce the top speed on all vehicles by 33% and reduce the handling parameters by 15-25%. 

Best wishes.

Turner