rust_E
RANK
User
TOPICS / REPLIES
1 / 1
LAST SEEN
3 months ago
3 months ago  (2018-07-30 04:34:38)
The Garage and Car Repair - The current state of the garage is quite unrealistic for all roleplay endeavors. Currently, you put your vehicle in the garage and you can bring it out fully repaired. I feel like the server should encourage realistic roleplay and allow people to use the mechanics provided in-game. I have only been able to use the player mechanics once or twice my whole time here. You could encourage people to use the player mechanics by lowering upgrade prices for the current mechanics being the "wholesale price" to allow them to beat the Los Santos customs in that regard. Also, remove the garage's ability to repair your car. All in all this will make players think how they drive and think how they treat their property. Making it easier for people to be attached to their property and how they use it.
XoneFobic
RANK
Community Director
TITLE
Director of Development
TOPICS / REPLIES
22 / 46
LAST SEEN
9 hours ago
3 months ago  (2018-07-30 08:43:59)
Hello rust_E,

While I strongly agree with you, the mechanics available to us by Rockstar don't help.
We can store things like engine health and some other things, but the physical looks of the car (missing bumper, etc) we can't 'see' or reapply to the car.
Which means that the only way I see this happening is that we apply the repair fees from the repair shop to the garage and maybe some sort of cooldown to the garage (when you put in a car, you can't take it out again for x minutes, unless it was in mint condition when storing it).

I'll see what I can do and talk with the rest of the dev-team about it.

- Xone

Obey and Survive

[Leo da Vince | Architect]
[Dion -Nomad- Ignus | Advanced Flight Instructor (SWAT) @ T and D Flight Services | Ex Black-Ops | Ghost]
[Xavier Mayson | EMT PMD]
[Danny Bland | FIB Special Agent in charge | SWAT | ASU]
[Ray Cooper | Navy Captain]
rust_E
RANK
User
TOPICS / REPLIES
1 / 1
LAST SEEN
3 months ago
3 months ago  (2018-07-30 08:54:45)
Hey Xone,

Thanks for the reply. One more thing I need to mention. I'm sure you know, but every time you go to Los Santos Customs and change or fix your car it acts like you don't have the keys to the car.
Not a big deal but it would be a good polishing feature for the future of gameplay.

Thanks for the help.

- rust_E
XoneFobic
RANK
Community Director
TITLE
Director of Development
TOPICS / REPLIES
22 / 46
LAST SEEN
9 hours ago
3 months ago  (2018-07-30 10:09:26)
  • Edit history
I've not looked at that bit yet, so what my assumption on what happens internally in the GTA5 engine:
  • You get into the customs
  • Do the things you want to do
  • You're done
  • Game generates a new car, with a new internal ID which is at that point not hooked to your player until 'refreshed' by putting it in the garage and generate a new version of the car again.

I'll take a look at the code soon™ and see if I can improve things.

Obey and Survive

[Leo da Vince | Architect]
[Dion -Nomad- Ignus | Advanced Flight Instructor (SWAT) @ T and D Flight Services | Ex Black-Ops | Ghost]
[Xavier Mayson | EMT PMD]
[Danny Bland | FIB Special Agent in charge | SWAT | ASU]
[Ray Cooper | Navy Captain]
Hanzee
RANK
User
TOPICS / REPLIES
2 / 8
LAST SEEN
3 months ago
3 months ago  (2018-07-30 16:58:29)
Great idea +1